We all have fears, and sometimes those fears are quite valid. I’m terribly afraid of a few things, like losing a loved one (or pet), being vulnerable and heights. But there are some pretty random things that scare me as well. Here are a few of those things…
1. Left turns. I will go out of my way to avoid taking a left turn while driving in a heavy-traffic area.
2. Dead carcasses. Bugs included. I’m actually not afraid of bugs at all. Well, live ones. I am terrified of dead ones. And things my cat kills. Oh and this also includes whole lobster or fish at a restaurant. I am not good with carcasses, seriously.
3. Crumpled up tissues, napkins, paper towels, etc. scare the crap out of me.
4. Food that looks gross. Because I am apparently still 4 years old.
5. Speaking of gross, things that are gross. In general. Things that are gross scare me.
6. Vans. But you may already know that from this post.
7. Wrinkles. I am deathly afraid of any type of pulling on my skin, like applying a moisturizer that is too thick.
8. My veins blowing up. I had a really bad experience getting blood drawn about 10 years ago – the girl actually popped my vein. Since then I’ve had numerous bad experiences and have become more and more terrified of it happening again.
9. Public speaking. I freeze up and jumble my words. It’s awful.
10. The phone. Ok I guess this isn’t a fear, per se, but I absolutely hate using the phone and will avoid it whenever possible.
I’d love to know, what are some random things that you’re afraid of???